That is my brother, myself, Mom, Father Tom, and Justin as we wait for Lisa - my brother's new wife to come down the isle. I think every guy up there had his heart in his mouth at the time.
We're contemplating turning into a more traditional New Englander family. Selling this monster of a house and buying a 3 unit. Mom would take the 1st floor, I'd get the 2nd or 3rd. It depends on if Al & Lisa want to move in. If they did and decided to have a kid soon then Mom & I would be around to help with the raising of said child. Then again I don't relish the idea of pulling down ALL these pics! Even if it does mean I have my own pad again. God I miss having my own apartment, I mean this is close, but it's still my mother's basement *sigh*
My health doesn't seem to improve very fast. 3 Syndromes it looks like *shakes fist*
Been listening to a LOT of Bush - thats a band to you young'uns. Not that anyone reads this anyways.
It was a great wedding. Saw a lot of people I haven't seen in forever. It was also great to see Tom, I haven't seen much of him since he became a priest. Thats 6 years now... my god how time moves. It's amazing what becoming a priest does to a conservative. He's become a much more loving guy. It was good to talk to him, and he proved himself to be the type of a priest that I remember in the fact that he came over to talk to me every time my body failed and left me hunkered down some place separate from everyone else.
There was a picture taken by the wedding photographer of my Uncle John - for whom I am named, and Tom, and I out on the grass talking. I'm sitting there with the pipe in my mouth, John is sitting next to me with a glass of wine in his hand, and Tom is standing above us talking. It is a picture I really want a copy of, I want to hang that one on my wall.
I am growing tired of being bed bound again. I got some time in with the speed bag the other day which felt DAMNED GOOD. It was only about 9 minutes, I used to have far more stamina. But it still brought me back to feeling Human again. Or nearly so.
I wondered into Gary's page today, first time in ages - just been out of it lately I guess, and saw he was talking about another blogger. I've become somewhat of a recluse again and so haven't read up on Shannon in a while. So the new one in Justin so I went to check him out - and what do you know he's in the same state? How do I find locals through guys on the other side of the world? Hahahahaha dear old Gary, thank you mate!
The Bush I am listening to is their live stuff from Woodstock 99. Machinehead at the moment, The Little Things before this, Everything Zen, Comedown, etc... I used to SO love this band.
I prefer the non live track for better listening, but hey... there is something to be said for live music.
Here is Machinehead studio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1bwzZCik0
And here is the song I want to part company with - Society - by Eddie Vedder:


No comments:
Post a Comment