Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Life

So it's been a solid last few days. The Ural is now totally legal. We mounted (we being Brent and I) the Windjammer II fairing on her a couple days ago, which gives it an interesting look. I have also begun to make Lowers. When you ask why didn't you buy the Ural fairing and Ural lowers, well fairing = $180+ and lowers = $40+ and I = Broke. So you get what you get. I need to paint the fairing red, and re-adjust the mounting bracket a little as it tilts to the right.


I am listening to what I would call an Amazing version of Josh Ritter's Thin Blue Flame at the moment:


I was looking through my cell phone earlier, and checking the "note pad" and the list reads as follows:
1. Its Complicated.
2. Wet dog. Vampire. Werewolf. Wizard. Warlock. Witch.
3. Methadone
4. Smart Water
5. Don't Stop Believing
6. Social Network

Now 1 is a total loss on me. 2 is as well, but I have a theory behind it. 3... I have no idea why thats in there, but the irony of having a Hunter S Thompson biography next to me right now isn't lost on me. 4 was a recommendation from a friend who knows I don't have an appetite due to the pills I take. 5 is a song that I actually kinda like but Totally forgot existed till I heard it last night. 6 is a movie I want to watch because I have a crush on Jesse Eisenburg hahaha.

Speaking of crushes, I am looking at the most adorable picture of this guy I like which I saw tagged on FB the other day. Good god... Its almost cruel, because he is another guy I can't have, so looking at the picture makes me both smile and it actually hurts a bit.

Anyways. I got new boots today, and I have sent my old Redwing's off to get repaired, The boots I got are the same style as the Redwings, but the leather isn't as nice, they were $70 cheeper than what a new pair of my old boots would cost, and I am getting my old boots rebuilt for $70. So for the price of one pair of new Redwings I am getting these H&H boots that are made in Tenn, and also getting back the Redwing boots I have been wearing for over 10 years, including to Mexico with Dad, and I rode cross country by myself wearing them - they'll get new soles, a couple holes patched, and leather toe covers to repair the split open seam on the front left toe. They'll also be oiled and saddle soaped.

I think I'll wear my Redwings in the winter time, and wear these H&H boots the nicer seasons, mostly because they do look Good right now, but also because they aren't as well made as the Redwings (they are still VERY well made) but I know what the Redwings can take, and I don't know what these can take.

I just took a short break to look up heated hunting socks which I will have to wear in the winter. I found a pair of cheap chinese ones that will work and only cost $30. I also just found a pair of slip on ice cleats for $14. I'll water proof the boots the regular way, and that will help quite a bit.

The Lowers I'm making (one down one to go) will protect my legs from the wind & wet. The Windjammer of course protects ME from the wind & wet, and you can get neoprene covers to go around your hands to protect THEM from the wind & wet. So all things considered, plus my brother's full face helmet, and I will be good to ride year round. Only thing left is to outfit the bike with Kenda Ice Racing tires - studded of course, and I'm solid.

Anyways, I'm gonna go take a shower, sitting down cause I'm like an 80 year old man hahaha. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.