Monday, August 30, 2010

Ural, Today, Whatever.

Well... I found a company out of Denmark that does a lot of parts for the Ural 650cc - sort of like the company for Royal Enfield parts out of England, but with less in mind for completely re-working things. What does please me is it is (if you ignore S&H) a good place to get reasonable priced spares that can't be had from the local/US companies.

In the list of Eventual stuff are two minor things, the first is really simple and really cheap.

^ This is the original headlight that was changed in the mid 90s. The current system works pretty good, but has its minor faults. The speedo, electrics, and everything else of the sort is in a plastic dash that is apparently prone to cracking over time. Oh you can get a chrome dash - but it costs the same as the above headlight. Now Brent don't go flipping out, I'm thinking about things that are a good 2-3 years out. I just.. like to think.

The other such item, which will be before any other major changes, probably next summer sometime, or a little further down the road, it all depends on money, and paying back those I owe it to, and so on.

^ If you remember I'd mentioned that I'd like to get a Russian made crank new, then rebuild it with good bearings, and replace the connecting pins with good quality, and such. Well the above does all that, but also has the fly wheels and con rods made out of proper metals. The pistons are of a higher quality too, and of course there is the benefit of more power, less gas use.

Then I was sitting outside, and I randomly took this:



Then later I was fiddling with the camera and this was a field test to see if I'd sorted the issue I was having with it (the built in cam on the laptop) and just as it was going off a local college men's track team ran by... thus the distracted look as I'm not at all paying attention to the camera.



ANYWAYS, gotta clean my room up a bit, and then later Mom & I are going out to the insurance company then the registry to get the Ural legal. Then tomorrow I shall ride the Harley back to Jon's house and drive my car back. Which will probably please the hell out of his old man. Should be an interesting day as I have gotten used to steering, braking in corners, and of course I haven't driven a car in a couple months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.