Monday, August 2, 2010

4 Season Rig

OK, so the KZ1000 is being sold, so is the Car, and so is the Norton chassis. The XS400 will probably be sold shortly there after.

The brown Harley seen before is on loan until further notice.

I'm now 50/50 on the Harley plan. I'll either get a Harley or an 80s BMW, the sidecar mounting kit for a Harley is $525, for a BMW its $625. BMWs run 2-3 grand, Harleys 3-4 grand - so it depends on whats best in my price range when I have the money together.

So it'll either be a RT BMW:


Or a 1200 Sportster from 1986-2003:



One or the other will become my 4 season rig. They make the same HP, have the same reliability, both have care free final drives. One shakes, the other doesn't. The BMW comes with wind protection.

Anyways, thats the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.