Been watching episodes of "Boston Legal" which truly was one of the best shows on television. In this episode "Juiced" they do something they did a lot in the last season, they came close to breaking the wall between a scripted TV show and the viewers.
Carl Sack: You know, the only show unafraid to have its stars over 50 is "Bo..."...
Carl Sack: Gee, I can't say it.
[- gesturing toward the cameras and the audience - ]
Carl Sack: It would, um, break the wall.
I love it. They used when appropriate old footage from previous movies and actors to describe memories. They even wrote an episode in a previous season based around a TV show William Shatner did in the 50s, where he played a lawyer with another actor as his father. It was an excellent episode.
The writing is incredible. The actors are incredible. The man who plays "Carl Sack" was in Night Court in the 80s playing a sex driven money grubbing bootlick. He was good there. He is GREAT here, playing much the opposite although still very dapper.
Most members of this cast have had great success in both television and in movies. Sometimes it seems it is the show were old Star Trek characters go, one of the leads played "Odo" on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, another - a judge - played Quark on the same series. Denny Crane one of the leads played by William Shatner was of course James T Kirk in every form of Star Trek right up until 2009's Star Trek film.
my hands hurt like hell, the pains swarming again, i'm done for now.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Jack Greenman
- Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment