I have no place to stay (Hey)
I'm thinking about the subway (Hey)
My love has flown away (Hey)
My tears have come and gone (Hey)
Oh my Lord, I have to roam (Hey)
I have no home (Hey)
I have no home (Hey)
These are words that strike me pretty deep. I'm in an interesting mood, and its 2:30 in the morning, and I'm just so out of it. Weird because the meds are the same and yet they are hitting me really hard.
I found some old pictures of me in a friends Facebook album. Here they are. This isn't vanity, its just amazement at the past.
Here is one with an incredible mess of hair. I don't know if it was before or after Dad's death, probably just before. I believe Brent and I had spent the night working on my Taurus which I sold to my best friend Kyle to drive down to Florida where he would be working for NASA! This would be early June? I had gotten brake cleaner in my eye and was trying to calm the pain it was causing.
A bare white chest with oil soaked arms and a greasy face. You can see what part of me was deep inside the car, and what was covered, in many ways this is a creepy picture the look on face!

Here is one when dad was still alive. I had ridden the Moto Guzzi over to a 3 decker on Chandler Street owned by Brent's mom. That balcony on the second floor is/was one of Brent and My favorite places to just hang out, talk, and watch people walk through their lives.
Actually this is after Dad died. Those were his pants. He bought me that leather jacket so I would be safe. Its one of my prized possessions. The boots... well dad always wore them when he rode bikes. I grew to love them and wear my pair everywhere. Rode cross country in those boots!

I am not one to worry about my hair, but it looks HORRIBLE in this one. That was one of my father's favorite pipes, and the one I at first tried to smoke. That was the beginning of pipes being in all my pictures.

Here's a good shot of the Triton I was building in the basement. How different the room is now. What a MESS! I learned a LOT at MMI and would have rebuilt that bike had I decided to stay with the idea.

Finally two pictures of the Triton when it was just about done, that was a good night, friends hanging out with me in the basement.
I love this one because you can see pictures of Dad in the back as a kid and as a "tough guy"


No comments:
Post a Comment