Went to The Owl Shop today. Got 3 blends and a tobacco bag - cheapest one they had which has a sort of scottish kilt design to it. I don't care it was $7

The blends were 2 by McClelland and one Owl Shop special. In that order: Deep Hollow, Virginia Woods, and The Elm Park Blend. I like all three. All smooth blends, a switch up from the kick you in the head stuff I was smoking last week.
I also - in watching The Boat that Rocked, found a perfect image of what I will probably look like in 20 years, the character Bob. His style of glasses I have wanted since I was 16 - don't get me confused with a Harry Potter person, I was 16 LONG before that craze hit. It was more of a John Lennon thing with me. Now its more of a Bob thing, minus the drugs. He has the same lack of hair on his chin that I seem to suffer from. So behold, the future of Jack:

Interesting is it not?
So Brent came by and we got subs for lunch, watched a movie Midnight in the Garden of Good And Evil, which is always wonderful. We were waiting for The Boat That Rocked ie Pirate Radio to load. In between movies - Paul and Chris two more good friends came by to change up motorcycles - Paul keeps his alternate bike in my garage. While they were here Brent got called away because friends of his from the helicopter school he works at - he's a trainer/pilot - are coming into Worcester and he's taking them out to eat. I was going to go but my ribs started to hurt.
After he left Paul & Chris helped me move the remaining two Bozak speakers into my bedroom. So once I get the chance I will have an amazing stereo down here. Two 12" Woofers and two towers with 8? tweeters in each of them. WONDERFUL sound.
Now they are all gone, and you and I are the only ones left. I have no idea who if anyone reads this. I know I have two subscribers, a fella I don't know at all, and Justin who I can't say I know, but I know he's a local which is pretty cool. The truly Ironic bit about Justin is I found his blog in the most roundabout manner. Reading my friend Gary's usual news (Gary is from Oz) I discovered Shannon's blog, also from Oz, and through Shannon I discovered Justin who is from MA? Does that make sense? Hahahaha, if you really want to look at it from the outer perspective if I hadn't become a fan of Cody who was from Cape Town, I'd never have met Gary, and following that never would have come to Justin - so it took a South African to lead me to a guy who probably lives 2 hours away. What a bizarre thing this internet has become.
Now I do keep a regular ink written journal. I Always have, I have stacks of notebooks going back years of my life. These blogs are an extension of such a form. I write here when I do not or cannot write there. But I sometimes think about how public the web has made our private lives. 50 years ago, hell 20 years ago the idea of keeping a public journal would have been appalling, but what has changed? The Internet has made us all a bit more open I think. It has united us in ways I could never believe. I for example am not a lone pipe smoker, compliments of youtube I have a dozen guys I know who smoke pipes, all across the country - sharing thoughts about pipes and tobaccos.
Gays have been united. For me it was the Gay Teen Forum (.net) which I found when I was technically still a teenager, I did not have the courage to join until I was a bit past then, I lurked for quite some time it seems. But I have now been a member for close to 6 years. I am the GTF grandpa as it were. It has united me with friends all across the country and even the world.
The Facebook allows me to keep in contact with guys I knew in high school. Guys who would NEVER write letters - I still write letters by the way, there is just something about writing a letter that seems to have more soul than THIS. But it is GRANDE being able to keep in touch with them. I also have a Dear Dear friend who I knew in Phoenix who is now in prison, I use Facebook to keep in touch with his mother. My only source of contact with him, knowing I have it makes my heart glow.
Myspace keeps me in touch with guys I knew at the Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in Phoenix. Just knowing that I can get a hold of Zach or Zero if I want to. Zero helping me with my Suzuki from 3000 miles away because I made a status post to the effect that she was missing on 2 cylinders.
I don't know. I am greatful for it, one of my closest friends on the planet is in Hudson, 20 minutes away, and without facebook we'd never have time to talk. My BEST friend on the planet is in Boston and with his schedule - getting a P.h.D I think in aeronautical engineering... how would we ever communicate? Or Liam, ohhhh Liam, up in NH, the internet again.. because he hates phones as much as I do.

No comments:
Post a Comment