Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Norton/Enfield

Had a long talk with mom today. It ran all over the place but ended up back at the Norton project. The killer questions were "Is this practical or sentimental?" and "What would your father think?" We discussed ideas and possibilities. What does the Norton really need? An engine. Does it have to be a Norton engine? Well... no... What about That engine? It'd work... And you have it.

In the end it was decided that for practical purposes as well as saving about 5-8000 dollars that the Enfield engine I have leaning up against a wall could work fine. The expensive issues are the same as the Norton. Clutch mainly.

The Enfield needs some sprockets, some new bolts, some rings, and an ignition to be running. The oil tank was going to be tricky but mom is buying me a new set of crank cases for christmas.

At any rate this is now the plan. This and the Suzuki. It'll take a few days to get used to it, but I should be in full support by friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.