Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Great Escape?



The above is the scene when Steve McQueen (actually was Bud Ekins) jumps the fence on a Triumph towards the end of The Great Escape. I have various pictures of this dotting the wall across from me.

This one shows a few of the guys fooling around, I do love the bike.


These are somewhat dated pictures of my room, as I was just getting it together down here. Less of a mess now. But you can get a sense for what I like to do with pictures that interest me. Keeps the mind occupied.



Anyways, that scene from The Great Escape, that is one of the reasons I have less of a numb following of "modern" dirtbikes. Everyone has this feeling that you NEED a new bike to have some fun in the fields. Now while that Triumph used to jump the fence was pretty tuned, it was basically stock, minus some great shocks and springs. But you'll note the low pipes. The low chassis. I have no doubt that with some basic work I could run my XS on some fields, not with the tires I just bought, but you know that with the tire tools I am in the process of getting, that when winter rolls around I can get some duel sport tires.

At any rate, I'll be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.