Thursday, April 8, 2010

Yamaha Parts

Alright, so I called up MAC and cancelled the 2:1 exhaust system, like I'd planned. From there I turned around, and as planned spent the money on what I should have in the first place. Much more necessary parts. Tires, the ability to change them, and some bits I have noticed I don't have in my little bag of parts. So here is the following explanation plus pictures of what I got:


First off the tires, I looked around for a while and ended up saving these two as what I wanted. I had Michelins on the 73 Triumph and liked them.

MICHELIN COMMANDER CRUISER STREET TIRES 3.00-19 FRONT

MICHELIN COMMANDER CRUISER STREET TIRES 130/90-16 REAR



Then from Harbor Freight I ordered (yes I know there is one local but shipping was $10) the tire changing machine, it was more than we supposed. You see its actually 2 in one, except its sold separate. The base is for changing car tires, thats $40, then the top for $50 is the motorcycle tire changer. This is what it looks like combined:



What I didn't buy, but will next is just as important, its for balancing wheels/tires - and also can be used as a truing stand if you have a dial indicator ($40):




=============Small Parts===========

Here's the end receipt for what I got in the way of small parts, it won't mean much which is why I also swiped the pictures and circled the parts:



The first one is for the rear brake, you see the drum is pedal operated and a rod goes to the break lever on the brake plate. I was missing the bushing that goes through the arm, and the nut that holds and adjusts the pedal. I also as it turns out was missing the spring that makes the brake want to unlock as it were.



Next on the list is the oil drain plug, some screw that goes in it, as well as the washer gasket. The bolt head is stripped and there is currently a large pool of oil on the floor of my garage under the bike. It could be coming from 2 places, this bolt which needs replaced anyways, or the filter bolt which I already have a new one waiting.



This one is pretty self explanatory, I am missing the bulbs for the brake light, so I figured might as well get them with the basket of bits.



This is the Clutch switch, its pretty mangled where it plugs into the clutch lever, so I wanted to get a new one. I'm not stupid and know to pull the clutch in before I start the bike, but you never know what some inspection guy might do... I figured better safe than sorry - so replacing instead of just bypassing the switch.


Last but not least, the screws holding the master cylinder cover on are pretty rusty, I'll probably have to drill them out to fix the front brakes, I wanted to have a new pair of them handy for after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.