I've been working on the motorcycle a LOT. I'm just trying to get it on the road as soon as physically possible, but safely. I need to get the new jets from as it turns out "Brittech" in Southbridge might have them. I need to get valve stems before I can put the tires on. I have to make a strut before I can put the tire on. I have to have new flanges made for the Carbs to fit the head - THAT is the big one. I could probably bullshit something up, but I'd prefer to have it done 'right' which requires the help of Paul or Chris. I also have to finish wiring the bike, and take the side stand off.
It sounds like a lot, but it's really not so bad.
The MAIN thing today is to get the new valve stems, and to finish making that strut. I cut out the spacers LATE last night. So today's task is quite simply drilling 2 holes and making 1 hole bigger. Once that's done I can re-attach the swing arm, and then if I go and get the valve stem.... forget it - they are closed today and tomorrow. HOWEVER I think I might just have a wheel that can go in there until we have the correct rear wheel done up right hahaha. Sweet. Good thinking Jack! I'll use the spare front wheel I had from the Suzuki GS550. That SHOULD work.
Alright.. sooo.... This is as much for Brent as anyone - since he can't remember what the bike's tail looked like before...
THIS is what it looked like when I got it (more or less):

And this is what it will look like when I'm done (envision a license plate below the light as well as turnsignals somewhere, and that brick of a tail light on the plastic:

Now one of my earlier points to Brent (in person) was that when they designed this motorcycle they tried to make it look like it had a Rigid frame, seen here:

They did everything they could short of putting a V-twin in the bike to make it look more American, but this is like the rough sketch of the Jap American knock offs you see today (many of which are better motorcycles than Harley builds). What I mean by rough sketch is that they got SO much of it wrong. Thank god too, I'd probably have hated it if they got it all right.
But because they did a mono shock, I can't afford to replace it, and because they made the swing arm look like a rigid, I see no issue with making it a hard tail to save money. I'll just paint it black, and I bet you $10 some idiots (on bikes) will think its some custom addition to the frame. hahahaha, well if they do, so be it, its not my fault.
Anyways, I'm done for now. Gonna take a nap and wake up around 3, there's not much I can do now that I can't do in 6-8 hours.

No comments:
Post a Comment