Life is alright, I'm listening to a lot of music, and watching a lot of TV online. Smoking my fair share of tobacco - and then some. My room is clean, which is nice, though Matt complained it wasn't clean enough hahaha bastard =p
Various motorcycle parts are do to arrive today, namely the turn signals
Which I am pretty excited about because I downloaded (finally) the full 1982 Yamaha XS400 factory manual so I NOW have a wiring diagram to go by.
The wiring in the headlight and towards the tail is pretty chewed up. Melted connectors and weird splices. Thats what you get from an early 80s small engined Jap bike. But now that I have the proper specs, I'll know where to tie in what. I couldn't have easily re-wired the headlight bucket without the diagram. I won't be going crazy with nice new connectors, they'll be bullet and butt connectors, but they'll be mine - so I'll know what's going on.
See I had wanted to get old school Lucas signals:

But the ones I got which are designed for a Honda will work great, fit the stems so they'll bolt into current mounts, and well they have the LOOK of the classic Lucas signals. So that pleases me.
You know... its the simple things.
Also the new tires are on their way, the new tire mounting tool should be here soon - which will be great. Once I have the new tires on and balanced I can then install the chain. Between that and getting the engine all set to go, I'm pretty much golden. Then I just have to register the bike. I have some minor paint work to do, which I am going to use a can and a brush to do.

The idea is to clean up the places where there is surface rust, or where the bike is awkward looking. Like the swing arm is both awkward and a bit rusty. So if I paint it shiny black then in theory it should vanish into it's own.. It won't stand out like it does now with the black seat and tank.

No comments:
Post a Comment