Monday, March 16, 2009

Last Day in Phoenix

Well today is indeed the last day in Phoenix, perhaps for a long time. Just as I had no idea when I might be moving back to Worcester - if ever, now I know that I am and I have no idea if or when I would be returning to Phoenix AZ. That is the nature of life. You come and you go, its a long and winding road. 

I'm pretty tired, I've been up since 7:30 this morning. A lot has been accomplished since then, the Triumph T100 is now on it's way back to Worcester, and so is all of my stuff. The shipping was much cheaper than I thought it was going to be. 

I also have more or less cleaned up my entire apartment. I still have to deal with the kitchen, and get rid of the sheets in the bedroom. I also have to throw away a towel that I have had since I was 12, that's 13 years of loyal service, but I needed it for a shower after I packed my bags and now my stuff is on it's way to Worcester and the towel is not. It's like parting with an old friend.

One of my picture threads was bumped on the forum. The bump was simply to tell me that facial hair is ugly. Now I have been feeling like shit for months. I don't date, I don't even attempt it any longer. So tell me what is the purpose to looking my best when I don't have any place to be. I contemplated explaining this as a reply, but I figured I'd go with a New Englander's reply instead, so I took a picture and posted it:

I also took a picture for Facebook. My last day in Phoenix. I like how my hair is coming back in, and I like it at this length. There's no fuss with short hair, there is no effort in trying to keep it combed. I've never been much good at keeping my hair together nice and proper - so it's best to keep it just so nice and short that I don't have to concern myself with it. 

The pipe is a Peterson, made in Dublin which is a wonderful pipe, the soldier's special, it comes apart easily for carrying in a pocket and for cleaning with the simplest of tools. The tobacco is Bombay Extra made by McClelland. Wonderful stuff, strong stuff. One of the few pictures I've taken in the last few months with my glasses on, as I hate them so much - not because of how they look, though I hate that too - but because I simply hate having to wear them. 


I am watching the movie Appaloosa which is quite good, an old school western without the stupidity of an old school western - such as white people with lots of makeup playing Indians and shit like that. Much to be said for the progression of modern times. 

There is a lot of good to be said for this movie. The talent is wonderful, the plot is excellent, and the shooting and angles are perfect, as is the lighting, the sound, and everything that goes with it. It is one of the movies that makes me love the movies, this is only the second time I have seen it. 

One of the bit parts in the film is a cattle hand who turns witness against "the bad guy" who is a much more refined bad guy than your usual old western bad guy. Sort of like Crowe's character in 3:10 to Yuma. A bad guy certain people can respect. Again this can be seen in The Dark Knight with The Joker.  

Anyways the character is played by Gabriel Marantz who I think is quite good looking. My kind of guy. Not much about him on the Internet Movie Database, but there is something to be said for that, and by posting this in this blog it will remind me to look him back up again later on.


My apartment isn't as clean as it could be, I have more to be doing, and should get to it. I am also tempted to go to sleep for a while. 

There are thoughts on a tattoo tonight. I'm not hundreds yet if I will go through with that, but I think I might. Would probably be my last one for quite a long time. There is a great deal to be said for tattoos and a great deal to be said for free tattoos. 

Well at any rate, more later, perhaps not until I am back in Worcester. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.