A friend, Paul W left a Birthday present for me at my friend John's house. A pipe Holder/Tobacco Container. I had one in Phoenix that I paid $10 for new. This one is probably 50 years old at least, one solid clay piece, has a painting of a Civil War battle round the pot which sits inside (its a cylinder with pipe racks round the outer edge) and then the pot is actually rubber sealed. Now the one in Phoenix had a cork lining and cork on the cover - so the tobacco would be dry and brittle in 3 days time. This one will actually keep it the way you put it in.
I think that molar that cracked in half in Phoenix - the one were I pulled out the broken half with pliers (who says I don't have a high pain tolerance?) is finally going to need some work. I am not looking forward to seeing a dentist again, its been a couple years. Now I can see you all shuddering, but listen, my last scheduled appointment was just after dad died, and then when I got to Phoenix and planned to get a dentist I lost my health care. SO I kind of let it slide. Well now I'm starting to get a dull ache, soooo I will make an appointment at some point when the dull ache gets a little less dull, and go from there. I have a feeling that it's going to be a blood bath, so I'm not overly looking forward to it. At this point it's going to hurt like hell no matter when I do it, so I might as well wait a bit longer. I say this because there is not enough of a tooth to grab ahold of to pull out. So I can only imagine how they would go about extracting it *shudders*
Had a bit of a scare today. I came home to an email from a friend saying "______'s Dad died" and went into scramble mode, as you have to be a solid friend when that happens, and the one son is my age, and the other son is a couple years younger than me - so it was like "OH SHIT!" I got a bit confused when his best friend didn't know what I was talking about, and then later discovered through a the father's FB page that he was in fact NOT dead, that the grand father was dead. I was quite relieved, and saddened that a grand father had passed away, but mostly relieved. Its one thing to loose your grandfather, and another to loose your father. I can say that with a clear conscience because I have lost both.
This:

Is one of the instant parts for the XS400. The first string of parts will include the above, as well as an oil filter bolt, oil filter, battery, oil, some gaskets, a chain, and a turn signal.
The idea behind the new exhaust system is the sheer fact that the current one is worn out. The union pipe that runs under the bike has holes, the lower head pipes have holes, the mufflers have holes and dents, and are bent where you mount them which adds extra fun to the equation.
So that's always good. With those parts the bike should go together easy enough, should pass inspection, and should be safe and reliable.
There is also a plan in progress to go down to Atlanta around April to visit my buddy Cam when he gets out of prison. Zach - another friend of mine who lives in or near Dallas will meet me there. The three of us were really quite close friends in Phoenix, and they are both guys I hope to be friends with for the rest of my life.
Anyways thats it for me today. I'm going to read a bit, take a bath, and just enjoy my night.
OH! Disability finally went through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First check in 10 days. Thank God.

No comments:
Post a Comment