I am listening to "a Rush of Blood to the Head" by Coldplay. I'm not 100% why, I just am. It's been one hell of a week, or rather a few days that have felt like a year.
On Friday morning I was walking down my basement stairs after getting a bottle of water and felt a pop in my right calf muscle that hurt so bad I had to lift my leg up. I thought "Oh shit" because blood clots are a risk with the amount of time I spend in bed, and because a blood clot in that same location with the same symptoms is what ended up killing my father in 2007.
So when the pain didn't go away I debated telling mom and going to the ER or waiting until the 21st when I see my doctor. I actually asked my friend Ian for a second opinion and he suggested the ER sounded like a good idea. I intended to go Saturday morning, but mom talked to my uncle George and it was decided we should go that night.
So we went Friday night at 10pm and were there until 3AM. They seemed to think a clot was likely, but the test I needed couldn't be done until Saturday morning. Before leaving they told me if I began to have trouble breathing to call 911 immidiately because there was a solid risk of death. So knowing that, and knowing how dad died, I naturally didn't sleep at all. I told those people I care most about, and then we returned to the hospital at 8:30AM. I got the test done around 10:30AM and we got out of there around 2PM with the good word that I don't have a clot.
From the hospital mom took me to Saint John's where I hung out with John D and Paul W while John watched over the stage crew. I was able to offer solid advice here and there as far as the set went, which was nice. Feeling useful is always meaningful.
From there John took me to Walgreens to get a script of narcotic pain killers filled - my first since Aug. I have gone through 8 out of 10 - I have decided this weekend to be a vacation from my usual high levels of pain. I will return to my regular blends of medication tonight.
Yesterday mom and I went down the street and looked at a house for sale which was beautiful but slightly out of our price range, and slightly too large for my needs - though they'd fit hers - the issue would be how to keep it going once she is retired, it cost $350 a month to heat each side during the cold months of the winter. But had we decided to go for it, it would have been 2000sq ft of living space each - each side had a glorious livingroom, dining room, fire place, stair case, kitchen, 3 bedrooms on the 2nd floor with a full bath, a 4th bedroom on the 3rd floor and a GLORIOUS basement with lots of light and a door you could easily bring motorcycles in and out of.
It would have been the ultimate house - its just... too much I think, and its priced to sell - so we will loose it without a doubt.
We thought about it, and the seller was willing to buy our house from us. It just wouldn't have worked out quite right I don't think.
Ok I'm getting dizzy again. More later.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Jack Greenman
- Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment