A random example is here:

This is a thicker larger notebook than I am used to, I have been writing predominantly in Moleskin notebooks since before they became trendy - ie - since I was about 14 which is 12 years now. This one, which is also made in Italy was a gift from mom, I have been writing in it since Dec 09. Not perhaps as steady as I used to, but blame that on my hands hurting more.
Well this blog has fallen into some neglect because I have returned more to my journals than to here. You see its easy to write in an online blog. But THIS won't be here in 50 years. It won't. Barring a Fire or a tremendous flood, my notebooks will last forever. There are books in this room, even a couple hand written notebooks from family members, and letters, from up to and over 100 years ago.
Nothing HERE really exists, not physically. So this is a great place to ramble, but as my mind wakes back up a little bit, those thoughts end up on paper, because paper is real. Anyone who thinks this digital world will last is fooling themselves. Books will out live humanity, the internet will die with it.

No comments:
Post a Comment