Thursday, July 15, 2010

Norton

Long Shot.




^ I asked my friend Jon for another loan. I already owe him $550 for a sidecar, which I can pay back next month, but if say this engine cost $500 then I'd be able to pay him that back the Next time he comes home from Korea.

I have everything I need for that engine except the points to make it run, the carbs, the pipes, the engine plates, the chassis. That would in theory complete the Norton. Completely. It would land me back on a Norton Atlas.

So supposing I actually got this engine. Just supposing. Then the Norton 750 Atlas would be back on the road in its original form. Jon could have the KZ1000 back. I can fit a sidecar to the Norton. I would have my dream bike, something that I COULD ride 4 seasons without issue. 80 miles per gallon.

I'd put the XS400 BACK together and sell it back to Liam for a couple hundred bucks, or sell it to another friend who would ride it.

Anyways, yeah...


EDIT: FORGET IT... Being impulsive and stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.