Christmas is approaching - and as it approaches my desire to see the new crank cases (again) and how they fit in the Norton Chassis (first time) with the AMC gearbox and the Norton primary covers is driving me crazy.
See I know that it all works with the oil tank removed from the cases - that's what I have for cases now. So the question is - is the oil tank too deep for the gearbox? Technically it can't be. The frame has plenty of room, but - and there is always a but - if I can't use the primary cases that I have, then I'd have to fashion new cases, deal with the Norton & Enfield difference in clutch/drive, and either the new cases have to hold oil or I have to invest in a belt drive + parts.
SO... If The Norton gearbox won't line up, then what I have to do for cost and time is get an Enfield gearbox and go at it raw - now I can get an Enfield clutch new for $90. Do I want a new 5 speed gearbox? Or find a used 4 speed? I would prefer the AMC gearbox, but we'll see what happens.
More later.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(122)
-
▼
December
(11)
- Yamaha XJ400
- ^ Thats my new computer desktop. I'm a geek at hea...
- My Response to a Gay who doesn't believe in Bisexu...
- Norton/Enfield & Yamaha
- Norton/Enfield
- A collection of Thoughts.
- Today I write, or is it now. Now I write? I am in ...
- And We Need Faith For the Same Reasons Its So Hard...
- Thin Blue Flame - Josh Ritter
- Humbug
- Birthday, Motorcycle, and Rant about GREEN people.
-
▼
December
(11)
About Me
- Jack Greenman
- Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.
I about fell off my chair when I saw the Yamaha Military you imagined! Jack, I wrote about your blog on my blog, www.RoyalEnfields.com You are a very creative guy. Here's a link to the item I wrote:
ReplyDeletehttp://bit.ly/51Vs7Z
Please let me know if you have additions or corrections. Best of luck.