
The Ducati will be the next project. Its not my machine, my brother inherited her when Dad died, but you know, he's not going to be riding it until his youngest child is 18. Since he hasn't even had a child yet, that is some time from now, at least 19 years. So there is time to restore the bike, and perhaps ride it some.
She needs some work for sure. I screwed up the Norton, I will not screw up the Ducati. It will be done right. And to do that is going to take some years and some money. Since money is tight, it will be more years, as I'll have to collect the parts a little at a time.
The blinkers are $50 each if I were to go with the originals. I think I might slink back and use the Lucas signals that have been my friends for so long. So instead of $200 in blinkers it'll be more like $50, how ever they will be correct to the period. There is a need for shocks, which will probably be Hagons from England. Brakes need to be rebuilt, the handlebar switches need to be replaced - probably using the ones from MikesXS, then from there we will go to Master cylinder, handlebars, electrical system. The battery and oil. One of the cylinders burns oil, but I don't know which one - Dad knew, but Dad is gone.
Anyways, this is some years down the line.
I'm done for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment