Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sitting here listening to Josh Ritter. Not too much going on. Smoking the Saint John's blend. I find I am smoking less, I don't have any real reason why.


It's easy to con Liam into an album, just sing a verse.. got him to put on Let It Bleed earlier.
Me: (8:30:10 PM) Well I followed herrrr to the stationnnnn
Liam: (8:30:14 PM) oh
Liam: (8:30:18 PM) please don't do that.
Liam: (8:30:29 PM) ugh
Liam: (8:30:30 PM) fine
Liam: (8:30:32 PM) ill put it on tooo
Me: (8:30:38 PM) hahahaha
Liam: (8:30:49 PM) love in vain kills me.
Me: (8:31:04 PM) same..

Still waiting on the following bits from Dillon Brothers, good place, they sell every OEM Jap motorcycle bit that you can still get. Now when avoidable I don't go for OEM because it costs more, but on certain things, like bolts, rubbers, gaskets, and brake shoes - you can't miss.

1HX-W253E-00-00 BRAKESHOE SET-2PCS (4G0-W2536-00-00) $24.87 2 $49.74
1L9-15417-00-00 COVER, CAP $4.32 1 $4.32
3Y1-17456-00-00 HOLDER, SPROCKET $2.69 1 $2.69
43F-W0045-01-00 BRAKE PAD KIT, FRO (11H-W0045 $27.73 1 $27.73
4H7-24181-00-00 DAMPER, LOCATING 1 $5.50 2 $11.00
90109-08406-00 BOLT $4.64 1 $4.64
90507-20002-00 SPRING, TENSION $3.62 2 $7.24
91490-20025-00 PIN, COTTER (91490-20020-00) $1.23 2 $2.46
92990-08100-00 WASHER, SPRING $0.99 2 $1.98
92990-08600-00 WASHER (92901-08600-00) $0.99 2 $1.98
95380-08700-00 NUT (95303-08700-00) $0.99 2 $1.98
97013-06012-00 BOLT $1.31 2 $2.62
98517-06025-00 SCREW PAN HEAD (92501-06025-00) (98511-06025-00) $1.58 3 $4.74
98580-06565-00 SCREW, PAN HEAD $4.34 2 $8.68
Subtotal: $131.80
Shipping: $18.08
Tax: $0.00
Misc. Adjust.: $0.00
Total: $149.88


So yes I spent $150 on little things, but they are needed little things.

As far as "Modding" The Yamaha goes, I think I am going to use what I have. What I mean is, I have a lot of spare Norton parts. So I want a Drum brake up front, well then I'll eventually rebuild the Norton front wheel, and mount that to the Yamaha - that will be my front TLS brake, so I'll have drums fore and aft.

I plan to use the Norton seat as well as the Norton tank. Not Dad's tank, but the new one I got. What I can do is eventually take them both to Worcester City Welding, and for the cost of Less than a Cafe tank that will fit I can have the stock tank bottom welded into the Norton tank shell.

The seat I won't have to mod at all, I'll just have to make some brackets for the frame to hold it. That won't be hard - the seat:

Has two spikes which you can barely see that go through holes in the Norton frame (brackets) so all I have to do is mount a couple bars with the same holes on the Yamaha frame. Won't be too hard.

I'll probably fit the Norton number plate and my "Stop" light.

I'll replace the current turn signals with Replica Lucas style:


So in a sense the Yamaha will be the best that I can have. Which it is.

Anyways, I'm done for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.