I wrote to JRC Engineering last night in regards to my wishes to use the flat slide 30mm carbs I bought from them several years ago. I bought them for a 750 twin and the Yam is a 400 twin. So I was worried.
In the reply the guy said one of their guys has the same carbs fitted to a 70s Honda CB400 twin - which is much the same bike, they were kind enough to give me the jetting they found to work best:
Main jet; 115
Needle std in center groove
Needle jet std
Pilot jet 35
They also told me that if I get the inside diameter of the carb boots on my bike they probably have flanges that would work - so I don't have to do anything crazy there. I have my Amal single throttle cable throttle, and I have plenty of cables stashed away.
So I have no doubt that I can now run my bike with new carbs instead of the worn out stock carbs.
So when the parts come to get the bike on the road I'll be prepared. I'm going to have to take the rear wheel off and much of the rear body work to get the airbox out of the bike (bastardly design). Once the airbox is out I will be able to get the stock carbs and boots off, change the boots, and by then hopefully I will have the new bits for fitting the Flat Slide carbs.
Anyways this news pleases me immensely.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(130)
-
▼
March
(21)
- Hmmmm
- Dancing with the Trains
- Good Stuff!
- Hum
- XS Update
- Ducati 900GTS
- I'm watching Prison Break. I'm on episode 6 of the...
- Medications... side effects.
- Roadster
- Hum
- Life (again)
- Life
- Well Well Well...
- XS400 and Rambling of Life.
- Yamaha XJ400
- Sitting here listening to Josh Ritter. Not too muc...
- I'm not exactly in the talking mood right now. Bec...
- Welp
- Hair = Gone
- How do I get myself into these things?
- Gah!
-
▼
March
(21)
About Me
- Jack Greenman
- Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment