I have been watching 24, I started with the pilot and am now on Season 5 episode 18, which is almost over. Pretty excellent stuff, and pretty addicting to watch. Have to hand it to them, it takes a hell of a lot of load out of the tediousness of being locked up down here all the time.
I'm hoping that my car is fixed this weekend, I'll try to help Brent with it - I owe him that much, he's been doing all the work for 3 weeks now. A hell of a friend, you have to admit.
I am excited about those Flat Slide carbs for the XS. I have to rejet them as well get or make the manifolds (might as well buy them) in order to mount them to the Yamaha.
This means I will have the engine work done, new carb boots. Thats all good. Add to that the new exhaust with no leaks, the brand new flat slide carbs, and a new high quality chain - and what I have should give me another 80,000 miles. She may be ugly for now, but I'll figure out a way around that.
Anyways, I'm pleased with what I have - Grandpa Martin used to say "The key to Happyness is to want what you have" and I have an amazing family, INCREDIBLE friends who might as well be family, I have a car that is easy to work on, I have a motorcycle that will last for as long as I need, I have my youth even if it is slightly impeded, and I have a house to live in with food to eat.
When you cut it down to the basics, I may have 3 syndromes that I can never be rid of, and I may have PSTD, and I may have some down right horrific memories - but I also have so much more than a Lot of people in this world, and I will be damned to hell before I forget that.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(130)
-
▼
March
(21)
- Hmmmm
- Dancing with the Trains
- Good Stuff!
- Hum
- XS Update
- Ducati 900GTS
- I'm watching Prison Break. I'm on episode 6 of the...
- Medications... side effects.
- Roadster
- Hum
- Life (again)
- Life
- Well Well Well...
- XS400 and Rambling of Life.
- Yamaha XJ400
- Sitting here listening to Josh Ritter. Not too muc...
- I'm not exactly in the talking mood right now. Bec...
- Welp
- Hair = Gone
- How do I get myself into these things?
- Gah!
-
▼
March
(21)
About Me
- Jack Greenman
- Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.
Hell yeah! Good for you buddy!
ReplyDelete