I'm starting to get the hang of how to post pictures on here. I still prefer the Xanga technique, but it's all how you look at things.
So I recently came into two new pipes.

This first one is a bit more fancy and it was a birthday present from one of my uncles. It'll take some getting used to because the hole in the stem is on top instead of at the end, and so my usual style of holding the pipe in my mouth is now faulty with this one. I do like it though, and it has a beautiful finish.
This second one I picked up in the town of Palm Desert. It's made by the same company as the other, Peterson, which is an Irish company - both pipes are made in Dublin which is pretty cool. Most of my pipes are either made in Italy or England, so it's nice to have an Irish pipe. This one is an Army pipe and the stem separates for easy stowing in a pocket.
In this picture you can see me so happy in my Barbour jacket leaned up against the front wheel of my Triumph. It was taken on my ride home from California today. 300 miles, long miles, hard miles as I was pushing the bike running at about 5500RPM in 5th gear - I was going about 95mph the whole way back to Phoenix. Did pretty good though, if not for the total lack of wind protection I'd have been perfectly happy.
My question is, would my feelings on the wind be different if it was 80 out instead of 60? If I could be in a tee instead of waxed cotton and a wool vest? I'm not sure. I think either way the wind would have beat the hell out of me. I was tired and sore with 160 miles left to go in that picture.
It's nearly 3 in the morning here, and I'm more than a bit hammered so I think I will cut this here.
More later for sure.



No comments:
Post a Comment