Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Triumph T100 and Mayo Clinic

So the T100 arrived this very morning. It's filthy and will need cleaned. Just as the truck that deposited my father's bike before me was pulling away the Fed-Ex truck with the key and title arrived to give me the greatest benefits of this glorious machine.

I will upload pictures later. I went back out and installed the rear rack and was saddened to discover the Corbin seat will not fit with it in place. As luck would have it the stock seat I had ordered arrived yesterday and I found it waiting for me in the office. That too was a quick install, and now I have the best of both worlds.

In not a long I will down my Belstaff trousers and my Barbour International jacket and make the long ride out to the Mayo Clinic for my blood work. I will bring with me a can of Pepsi - for after - and my Volume I of the Patrick O'Brian series. 

Make no mistake I have read all 20 books at least ten times apiece, but I decided to do so again in order. I began Volume I in December '08, and have since finished "Master and Commander" "Post Captain" "H.M.S. Surprise" and I am now working my way through "The Mauritius Command" which is also quite good though not one of my favorites. I am on page 1357, and the pages are thin as a bibles. What is most delightful is knowing that I have four more volumes of the series. All the same noble size as the first. It makes my heart glow - for reading about Aubrey and Marturin - it is like reading about old friends and old memories.

But now I must beg to be excused, I have to make my way to the hospital.

Before I go though, I will add a thought, an epiphany if I might say so myself. While I will copy and share posts between this blog and the old Xanga, the xanga is read by Brent - a somewhat nozy friend who likes to criticize my personal life and has even spied on it, and my Mother who all though all for my personal life being free and open - I would rather her not have an in depth look at it. 

So this blog will allow me to talk about boys and such without concern to the reader, as the stranger is as welcome to my personal thoughts as I welcome my mind. But friends and family members are outsiders to these things and must remain so.

Ok, off to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.