Thursday, February 11, 2010

Humbug

Well the Olds lost her brakes. I was backing down the driveway at the time, so this wasn't as much a disaster as it could have been. If you look:

What you can't really see is that I live on a hill. The street is a hill, and the driveway is a hill. So backing down the driveway is fun with no brakes. Had they given out on my street, I'd have driven into the main street which is one of the more busy streets in my city. That would have ended badly for me and my car, since my car is an 86 Oldsmobile which has already suffered one front end collision and the doors are nice and strong - but wouldn't hold up to say a SUV going at 45mph.

Since my friend Jon who got me the car says he put in all new brake lines 2 years ago, and last summer the calipers were replaced - the theory is that the MasterCylinder gave out. Rock Auto has a selection of these for sale, ranging from $30-140, since we have $10 calipers installed, I'm willing to get a nice $30 master cylinder. We have to diagnose that as the problem, I have some checking to do, its going to be 34 degrees tomorrow - perfect for crawling around under a car.

The bastardly part is that I'd hoped to go to the bank yesterday and deposit my Disability money. That was going to pay off a couple bills, get some parts for the Yamaha, and so on.

We continue to look around at houses for sale, here is one thats in our old neighborhood that mom and I like. We'll go see it once we change realtors. One of the realtors we're interested in is also selling this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.