Sunday, February 14, 2010

Motorcycles & Music

3 VERY different songs.

Brad Sucks - Making Me Nervous


Lisa Gerrard - Aria (Layer Cake soundtrack with a Quote that I love)


Limp Bizkit - My Way



Anyways I finally got my orders through to get the bikes going. One order was for my friend Jon, new fork tubes for his 98 Sportster, which were pay back for a part he ordered for me a while back.

Then some simple parts for the XS400. Nothing for the "Cafe" so much as just the initial batch of bits and pieces I will need to make the damned thing both legal and safe. So in no specific order:

2 bar end mirrors
Flat bars
New grips
3 quarts of oil
headlight ears
fram oil filter
new oil filter bolt
carb boots (I noticed the currents are cracked)
a chain and split link
a front sprocket with the drilled/tapped holes
the sprocket holder tab as well as the two bolts that lock it in place
new brake shoes for the rear wheel
some assorted nuts and bolts for the rear brake
new springs for the brake shoes
front brake pads
carb wires
vacuum gauges for the carbs
the bolts for the sprocket cover
the studs and nuts for the exhaust headers
new exhaust gaskets
a Mac Exhaust system


Seems like a lot, but most of it was little simple stuff, cheap. The key parts will get her together.

I am also interested to see if the JRC carbs I had for the 73 Triumph will fit the new boots. If so then I can replace the carbs and be ahead of the game. I have asked Paul if he can make me a 2 into 1 manifold so I can just use one carb on the bike. It would be easier to keep in tune, although I don't think that is really necessary now that I have the proper gauges to adjust the carburetors.

The main thing is that I will now have all the little bits I need to put the bike on the road safely. I mean she was running before, but there is a difference between a bike you can ride around the corner and a bike you could ride up to Maine. It also seems that under some of the rules of disability I am only allowed to have one vehicle on the road at a time. This means that once the snow melts the Olds will be coming OFF the road and the XS400 will be going on.


Not much else to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.