If you ignore the gigantic stack of records (all of which get played rather religiously) you will see a bit of everything I suppose. Old stacks of CDs and Cassettes collect dust. There is the Mac Amp with a blown left channel next to the Crown Amp with its own blown left channel (still using the Crown). The Advent Tuner Pre-Amp which has worn out set of cables that require constant fiddling to get the record player's sound through to the care worn Bozak speakers. The Advent sits on top of a neglected modern tuner made by Yamaha. Over on another bench is an ignored 5 disc CD player that only works with the Mac because the Advent's Aux is out of commission.
Over up against the far wall is a Pawn Shop special guitar that Paul tunes every time he visits and I never bothered to learn how to play. There used to be a joyless neglected Banjo, but I sold it. I have three Blues Harps, one C note and two G note. Two are chromatic, one was my grand fathers, the other two are mine. I can actually play the harmonica alright except I never much cared for it once I figured out how. I find it too shrill, and there's no peace, can't play a soft and sad melody (I realize that goes in the face of "Blues" but I'll defend it).
The only one I was ever actually good at and Truly loved was the violin. I took lessons down at Doherty High School when I was 11/12. I always promised that I'd go back to it someday. (I can see Brent with his head in his hands with what's coming) So I bought a Violin today. *shuddup Brent* I got a cheap as fuck one, case/bow/violin all for $50 including S&H. They have good reviews in the sense of "You get what you pay for" and "sounds better with new strings" That plus a $10 do it yourself book which had 70 positive reviews on Amazon... I don't have to be good, I just need something to do in the basement that I can do sitting down, besides this damned laptop.
I have all the time in the world. The Violin is the only instiment I ever practiced religiously. I feel sort of silly because for $50 I had the options of violet, pink, baby blue, and white... Yes sir, this is a Cheap Violin. I went with white. It is wood tho, I mean it is a real violin, 4/4 size, 23" long.
In other news I brought in the form to get my handicap plate today - I'm going to get the placard because it can be moved from vehicle to vehicle. My one Doc is working through the records to make it easier for me to be square for the childhood disability act.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(130)
-
▼
February
(20)
- Good times and Bad.
- There was a Time...
- Tonight I am bingeing on old Peter Gabriel, the la...
- A dozen Rambling, Funky mood = long post.
- short ramble, LONG sidecar explanation, get a pen ...
- You could call my room a musical graveyard...
- More my usual tonight.
- Well...
- Singles Awareness Day
- Motorcycles & Music
- Humbug
- Thats a Nun Singing, hahaha Sister Gertrude Morgan...
- Carl Orff: Carmina Burana
- Amy the Bear
- The Rope & Party
- Saint Jude and Fighting Suicide.
- My Hymn
- Hum
- Physical complaints and Apt ideas.
- My Love Affair with Motorcycles (pictures)
-
▼
February
(20)
About Me
- Jack Greenman
- Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment