Thursday, February 11, 2010



Thats a Nun Singing, hahaha Sister Gertrude Morgan. Its heavy religion, but I like the song. Even if its very repetitive. I've always liked music to do with religion. So lets look at another? Josh Ritter's Thin Blue Flame - which is the best political song I've heard since Desolation Row - By Dylan, but also has to do with religion.



My favorite line from the song is "We need faith for the same reason its so hard to find"

But this section here:
I became a thin blue stream
The smoke between asleep and dreams
And in that clear blue undertow
I saw Royal City far below
Borders soft with refugees
Streets a¹swimming with amputees
It¹s a Bible or a bullet they put over your heart
It¹s getting harder and harder to tell them apart
Days are nights and the nights are long
Beating hearts blossom into walking bombs
And those still looking in the clear blue sky for a sign
Get missiles from so high they might as well be divine
Now the wolves are howling at our door
Singing bout vengeance like it¹s the joy of the Lord
Bringing justice to the enemies not the other way round
They¹re guilty when killed and they¹re killed where they¹re found
If what¹s loosed on earth will be loosed up on high
It¹s a Hell of a Heaven we must go to when we die
Where even Laurel begs Hardy for vengeance please
The fat man is crying on his hands and his knees
Back in the peacetime he caught roses on the stage
Now he twists indecision takes bourbon for rage
Lead pellets peppering aluminum

Halcyon, laudanum and Opium
Sings kiss thee hardy this poisoned cup
His winding sheet is busy winding up In darkness he looks for the light that has died
But you need faith for the same reasons that it¹s so hard to find
And this whole thing is headed for a terrible wreck
And like good tragedy that¹s what we expect

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.