Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Hymn




Each of us has some song that really speaks to us. I must have dozens. They range from Paul Simon songs to Tool.

The Song that I found that hits me the hardest, is Woodstock written by Joni Mitchell - and beyond that its the version done by Richard Thompson. He sang this at a JM tribute concert. The Stone Temple Pilots were supposed to come and play, and they missed the show for what ever reason. So they had this Slot to fill, and Richard Thompson just went out on stage and played Woodstock. He sang it so well that JM sat there with her eyes closed gently swaying.

I can listen t this song happy, sad, tired, awake, any mood and it just hits me straight to the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.