Well the Belstaff jacket that a dude from a british bike forum was so kind to give me arrived today, perfect fit! He bought it new in 1975, it's the same jacket Steve McQueen used for desert racing, and the same jacket my father had when he met my mother... pretty fucking cool.
This is me in the jacket, the fit of the Belstaff over a Barbour is so incredibly different, so much better, the quality of the jacket is stunning, as is the fit and the feel.
Below you have Hugh Laurie who plays Dr House on the show House M.D. in a publicity shot. On a new Triumph, with a gold open face helmet, in a Belstaff jacket... it's not fair! Everyone's going to think I'm trying to be more like House... I even have those goggles somewhere...

Here we have the Triton, Ducati, and T100. All were Dad's bikes, this accounts for 3:4 bikes he rode between 1968-2007. Tells you something about Dad. When Dad had the red one it had regular low pipes and a different engine, it was a '67 Norton Atlas, but I built a Triton using the engine out of my '73 Triumph 750. I also own the T100 on the end, my brother is the keeper of the Ducati, even if he doesn't seem nearly as excited about the bike as I feel.


Last but not least, myself in new jacket with the bikes that make up much of my love. I was trying to smile, but ended up looking like a tough guy. Haha, hard to take pictures of yourself!



Jack,
ReplyDeleteI am not quite sure how to contact you so I am posting a comment here. I decided to post your last comment on my blog even though you said you didnt mind either way and that it was really for me because I thought what you had to say was important. I hope you don't mind.
Shannon