So I'd been hurting most of the day, but not intolerably, and the ride over wasn't too terrible, I had been walking with a cane most of the day. Well the hobbling through the hospital put the final touches on my body and by the time we got to the ER which is where the lady was at that time of day, they had to go find me a wheel chair. By the time the woman came out to see me I was quite literally crying from the pain in my chest, back, and ribs.
I will have health care in 5-9 days, and may be put on disability as well, which would be wonderful as that would take away a lot of my being a burden to my family, and to myself. It would allow me to be able to get around again legally, and just not feel so helpless all the time.
It's the hardest thing in the world to know what your capable of, what your mind can do, and to not be able to do it because your body just won't cooperate. There are times when I think, well maybe it's just all in my head, and if I just try hard enough I'll be able to get up and run for miles, but then I go to get up and the pain is staggering.
So this is progress. This is most serious progress, because I just can't take much more bad breaks.

No comments:
Post a Comment