Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kawasaki

Ok, so the money is almost here to continue with the KZ1000. Which is good because there's now been a $4000 bid on the Triumph T100 which means that it will for sure not be mine any longer. I just hope it goes for more than that, Kelly Blue Book value is close to $6000 and it has over $1000 in performance parts added on. But I need the money to settle the lawsuit, so, well I need the money, and I have no other options. 

So I wrote up a list of the parts I need for the KZ.
Acid for the battery.
Eight 8mm nuts and washers so that I can fasten the exhaust.
Headlight Rim $21
Headlight $6
Points assembly $50
Bolt Set $27
Tensioner? $51
Engine oil $30
Speedo Cable $13
Tach Cable $13
CSS Lock Washer $4
Spark Plugs $9
Timing Light $64
Carb Bolts $3.50
Tank Rubber $3
Turnsignals $34
Signal Stems $14.50

That said.... We're trying to be smarter about things, so what I need.. 

Battery Acid $10
Exhaust Nuts $8
Ignition Kit $18.26
Bolt Set $27
Engine Oil $30
Speedo Cable $13
Tach Cable $13
Spark Plugs $9
Timing Light $64
Tank Rubber $3

So the bike won't be as pretty because it will have this monstrous fairing on the front, but that saves me a boat load in turn signals, headlight parts... I don't need an all new Points set up, I just need the rebuild kit. I don't think I need the tensioner. 

The trick is that this idea will leave me a couple hundred bucks left over just in case something else needs replaced. That's the key here. To do it smart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.