
Ducci has now given me the Kawasaki outright on the understanding that I'll fix the Suzuki for him. Since I am 99% sure the Suzuki needs a new one of these:
I'm rather happy making that bargain, even if it needs more I'll be able to trace it.
I posted on the Real Classic forum and now have a general understanding of why my carbs are overflowing fuel. I have to pull the carbs off the bike to sort this little issue, but I am confident. So once that is sorted out, I have to buy some parts for the bike, happily a fellow emailed me today offering me $600 for all of my Enfield Stuff, and including cables the Kawasaki needs $600 in parts.
Here's the Tally:
======Tires Unlimited=====
Tires:
Front: 325P-19 K70 $68.81
Rear: 400S-18 K70 $73.09
Tubes:
Front: $10.95
Rear: $10.95
Rim Tape:
Front: $1.07
Rear: $1.07
======Z1====== (I am converting the 630 chain to 530 chain for lighter weight, cheeper, and more HP)
F18 Sprocket $13.80
R42 Sprocket $26.19
530 Chain $97.67
Split Link $4.43
Front Master Cylinder Rebuild: $33.86
Rear Master Cylinder Rebuild: $72.87
Front Caliper Rebuild: $31.27
Rear Caliper Rebuild: $18.98
Front Pads: $25.48
Rear Pads: 23.26
Clutch Cable $14.85
Speedo Cable $13.85
Tach Cable $13.52
Throttle Cable $14.25 (may need 2)
=====Old Bike Barn=======
Brake Lever: $11.95
================Totals=============
Wheels $165.94
Secondary $142.09
Front Brakes $102.56
Rear Brakes $127.40
Cables $70.72
Grand Total $608.71
Then when the Norton basket case is gone, I'll be able to get a sidecar for the KZ and ditch the car. Heres a fellow who mounted what looks to be a Champion Sidecar on a 70s KZ:

I of course can't afford a Champion sidecar no matter how good they look, so I'll be getting a Dnepr:

Jon had tried to talk me out of a Ural by going back over the KZ1000 idea, which was "its yours as long as I can ride it when I get home" and I had to say that that wouldn't work, because the car and the other bikes were all going away, so unless he loaned me the Harley or the Suzuki while he was riding the KZ, it just wouldn't work. At which point he realized what I meant and being Jon told me I could just Have the Kawasaki, but only if I fix the Suzuki. We worked out the details, and it was agreed upon, shaking hands over the telephone as it were.
So well, yeah, it all works, its a bumpy process, but it always works.

No comments:
Post a Comment