Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sidecar

Well I thought (and still might) I was going to buy this Velorex sidecar for $1000 which looks like this:


But I haven't heard back from the guy, so I have been re-exploring other options. There seems to be a great chance that I can get a Ural frame, wheel, brake, attachments, the whole deal for about $500, then I talked to the folks at Dauntless sidecar and they said that they thought that would be a good idea, and what I would need from there was two of these (from them):


Mind you this is a company that sells a ton of really expensive stuff, so the fact that they told me not to buy a frame from them, and all I would need for a sidecar if I got the frame (and that my subframe idea looked good) was two of those for $15 each.... They could have told me I needed a kit for $350 and I'd not have known better, because I don't... this isn't my thing... yet.

So the Ural frame together looks like this:


But with a wheel.


The last step after mounting, I believe would be to get a metal plate of some quality and bolt it to the top of that and somehow work out a way of mounting some ballast, which once I find out where to put it will just be more metal plate hahaha.

The key difference between the two is about $400.

The guy I'd be getting the Ural frame from sells these:



Which lets just say... is the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War! But no, really, I'm a student to be a motorcycle mechanic, I'm 25, I write a lot, I eat less than I should, I sleep less than I should, but I like to get out and live. I don't drink, but I smoke a pipe. My sense of style is at Least 40 years out of date, I am who I am, and That's who I am.