Mom and I went and looked at a GREAT house today, its in Paxton which I more than sort of hate, but you know its not about me, and Mom's work is RIGHT down the street (literally), so there's that. Its also a lovely neighborhood.
Mom really likes the layout, and I have to agree, its pretty spiffy, and pretty much all of her furniture will fit in the house with no issue that I can see. I'd down in the basement which has 2 separate entrances, full bathroom, full kitchen, living room with fire place, a nice room that I could put dad's desk and lots of book cases in, and then a solid sized bedroom. She also said I could have the garage - its an over sized single car, and it would be Fantastic!
I know its impossible to say "This is the house!" but god, it would be absolutely perfect for what we want and need. So cross your fingers that this place sells sooner than later.
What's amazing is its the kind of house that mom wanted, I was edging for a 2 family, and well, in this case this house is a hell of a lot better. There are only a couple slight issues I can see with the place. One is that the bathroom in the basement is going to need a wall taken down and the tub ripped out as its far to shallow to actually take a bath in, and I haven't been able to take showers in months. So there's that - but its a relatively easy fix.
Second is because it is a ranch with a finished basement there is a main stair case in here foyer sort of area that leads straight down into my living area. The slight downside of that is that anything going on downstairs - the sound would carry straight up, so I'm brain storming how we could work around that. I'm not sure there is a work around, I just got to get back and stare at it for about 10 minutes, I'll think of something. There is a simple work around if I could remember how high the ceilings are on the main floor. Just build a box around the stairs with a door.
But I mean this is absolutely fantastic.

Thats the plan for the tub, a nice deep soaking tub. Also with the claw feet it saves from the problem I have now, which is the concrete below the tub acts like a cold sink, combine that with cast iron and the water you put in the tub cools down with great speed. With a modern tub that is Not cast iron plus those legs and what ever I put in the tub should remain a good temp for a while.
ANYWAYS... I'm done for now, I'm just excited. Prospects!
OH And,
First off mom expressed an interest in taking back up with motorcycles, she was actually quite good, I thought about it and decided that if she was serious about it the bike for her would be a 2010 Suzuki TU250. They weigh 330 pounds with fuel and oil, have bottom end torque, glorious reviews for a beginner/commuter bike, are easier to handle than an Enfield (which is hard to say), and cost less that $4000 brand new with a 1 year unlimited mile warranty.

Mom also suggested that when the disability money comes through that I go ahead and buy a Dnepr. That would be a full sidecar rig, not expensive, at all, and a bike that can be ridden year round in any conditions on and off road.
As you can see there is absolutely no fear of me sinking money into one trying to make it look battered or retro or anything...

No comments:
Post a Comment